World-Class Esports Returns with SMITE and Paladins at PAX Australia in 2017
SMITE and Paladins Oceania teams to battle on PAX Arena Esports Stage for a share in $50,000 prize pool, and a place at Hi-Rez Expo competing against the world’s best
Hi-Rez Studios and Double Jump Communications are pleased to announce mythology-themed moba SMITE and team-based shooter Paladins will return to PAX Australia in 2017.
At PAX Australia on the PAX Arena stage, the top four teams in the Oceania region for SMITE will compete for a share in $35,000, and the right to represent our region at Hi-Rez Expo (HRX) in Atlanta, this coming January. World-class esports returns to centre stage at Australia’s largest gaming festival.
Joining SMITE for the first time at PAX will be competitive Paladins, with the top four Oceania teams from the September Paladins Global Series competing for $15,000 and a spot at HRX.
Matches will be held on the PAX Arena booth Friday afternoon and all day Saturday, featuring the top OCE players and casters. There will be opportunities for freeplay hands on with Hi-Rez Studios titles including the brand new digital card and strategy game, Hand of the Gods: SMITE Tactics.
“We love coming to Australia, and this will be the second time Hi-Rez has been to PAX Australia. We’re excited to bring the finals of the SMITE Oceania Pro League and Paladins Global Series Oceania to the fans, and proud to have our finals in the home of sport in Australia, Melbourne,” said Steven “HiRezCooper” Cooper, Hi-Rez Esports Manager.
Joined by a SMITE Pro League caster, Steven returns to Australia for the third time this year. Front runner Oceania Paladins team Kanga Esports continue to vie for a grand final on the world stage, and SMITE’s Legacy Esports are looking to make their HRX debut following their triumphant victory at the mid year finals. Hi-Rez and Double Jump look forward to welcoming fans to experience top level esports first hand as part of PAX Australia.
Tickets to PAX Australia by visiting http://aus.paxsite.com/registration
About SMITE Season 4 – SMITE Oceania Pro League 2017
- Held over five weeks of online competition broadcast live on Twitch, six teams vie for a spot in the final four who’ll face off at PAX Australia 2017
- SMITE OPL prize pool is $35,000
- The winning team will travel to Atlanta, Georgia to represent Oceania and compete at HRX 2018 in early 2018
- SMITE Oceania Pro League is broadcast live on Twitch every Saturday from 7pm AEST on www.twitch.tv/HiRezTV
About Paladins Global Series Oceania
- Held over four weeks of online competition broadcast live on Facebook, eight teams vie for a spot in the final four who’ll face off at PAX Australia 2017
- Paladins Global Series is held over ten months, Oceania Paladins teams compete in open tournaments for a share in US$70,000
- The first three weeks of every month will hold open bracket tournaments to qualify the eight best teams from Oceania with crystal prizing for the winners. The fourth week is the monthly finals, with USD$7,000 on the line for the top eight teams
- Oceania matches are broadcast as part of a global calendar of Paladins on Facebook, live every Thursday from 7.30pm to 10pm AEST, catch all the action at https://www.facebook.com/paladinsgame/
- Teams can sign up for Paladins Global Series Oceania Phase 1 Week 1 via the following link http://bit.ly/PGSOceSignUpP1W1
The league season for Oceania is produced for Hi-Rez Studios in Australia by Double Jump Communications.
More information on SMITE esports at http://esports.smitegame.com
More information on Paladins esports at http://esports.paladins.com