Next week in preparation for SMITE Oceania Split Two, there will be a two stage tournament to determine which teams will join the Oceania Pro League for Split 2!
First, on Saturday April 22nd the Challenger’s Cup final will be an open bracket tournament. Anyone can enter. Top 4 teams will win gem prizing and there will be spot prizes throughout.
Then, Sunday April 23rd, the Relegations final will determine Top Two teams will move into the Relegations tournament. There they will face the bottom two teams from SMITE OPL Split One, Kanga Esports and Team Noxide. The two winners will gain a place in Split Two, which will feature a new format and expanded prize pool to be announced very soon.
- 2 stage tournament
- Day 1 will be an open tournament (with CC/Open ladder rankings used to provide seeding)
- Top 2 proceed to Day 2
- Day 2 is Bottom 2 of OPL, Top 2 from Day 1 tournament in a straight promotion in Best of 3. Matchups will be 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 4.
Day 1 – Saturday
- Single Elimination Tournament
- Best of One’s until Semi-Finals & Finals
- Best of Three’s for Semi-Finals & Finals
- Finals to determine seeding for Day 2
- Seeding determined by CC rankings > open ladder rankings > admin seeding.
- Tournament One Registration (Open)
Day 2 – Sunday
- Best of Three matches, winner promoted to OPL
- OPL Seed 5 vs Tourney Seed 2
- OPL Seed 6 vs. Tourney Seed 1
- Tournament Two (Admin will place seeds)
For more SMITE esports information, follow us on Twitter – @SmitePro!